Monday, April 20, 2009

Something to look forward to...


Well the day after Mary Charles' portrait sitting when I was feeling rather nostalgic about the passing of time, I spent time with this lovely family. With the children being 9 years, 13 years and 14 years old, it was a vastly different sitting than with younger children. Talking to the mom, she shared with me that she has really enjoyed her children at this age because they can interact on a totally different level than when they were little. So true...amazing that when you ask them to turn this way or that way or smile more or less, they actually understand! I asked her and sure enough she didn't have to buckle in even one of her kids or pack a diaper bag or find a sippy cup before she left the house! It served as a great reminder that sometimes it is difficult to know that a phase in your life is passing, but there are more fun times to come too! So while I will still have a touch of sadness knowing that I won't hear the quick patter of little feet running to my bedroom at 6:00 a.m. on Saturday mornings for much longer, I now will smile a bit dreaming about the day there won't be the quick patter of little feet running to my bedroom at 6:00 a.m. on Saturday mornings!

No comments:

Post a Comment