Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mommy and Me



So this is Jack! And yes, he IS as cute in person as he looks in these portraits! However, as many of you know, at 18 months old, separation anxiety sets in, and Jack wanted to make sure the whole time that his mommy wasn't going anywhere! The thing I like about 18 month olds is the fact that what you see is what you get! They don't get the bribing thing yet so there are no coerced smiles...when you capture the smile of an 18 month old you know he was HAPPY! And thus the sincere joy you see in Jack's eyes in his portraits. In contrast, I love the portrait of Jack with his mom. What I love most is the look of comfort in his eyes. This was at the end of the session and Jack had had enough. He wanted his Mommy and when she kneeled down to comfort him, he immediately settled down. As long as he could feel his mom at his side, he wouldn't cry because he knew he was safe. Wow, as a mom I am amazed that I am the person my kids ultimately rely for total comfort...scary in a way since I still feel like I am 'playing mommy' sometimes. When do you actually FEEL like the wise mom that will always be able to take care of things? I wonder! Guess for now, we as moms need to realize that as difficult as it is to be the one called Mommy, we hold a little heart in our hands whether we feel capable or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment