Saturday, April 18, 2009

Itty Bitty and Oh so sleepy!




I've been asked what is my favorite age to photograph- this is a difficult question because each age has its own special part that I love. However, I must admit that photographing a newborn would certainly be in the running for my favorite of favorites! The key to getting great portraits of a newborn is getting the portraits in the first two weeks...when he is itty bitty and oh so sleepy! Colt's session was rescheduled due to some bad weather so I was a little scared that we had missed the opportunity. But, no sir, he was a perfect angel! I love this first portrait because it looks like something you would see of a baby still in the womb...probaby what he looked like in his mommy's belly not too long ago! This second portrait is classic...Colt looks so snuggly...THIS is what the saying is talking about when they say "Sleeping like a baby!" Oh, he looks so comfy and secure! Lastly, the portrait of a new family...oh, this just gives me chills because when I tell a new mom or dad to look down at their baby, that is all you have to say...their expressions say the rest! A miracle in their arms!

1 comment:

  1. You're right, the top one looks like he could almost be in the womb. I remember ultrasounds of my kids with their little hands up against their faces.

    ReplyDelete