Saturday, April 18, 2009

Growing Up!



So Mary Charles has a very special place in my heart! I have taken portraits of Mary Charles since she was a wee little newborn. To see her at three years old has just been amazing to me! What a beautiful little girl she has become and even more importantly what a sweet little heart she has. As I watched her play and pose and dance it made me think about how quickly time passes with children. They change so much in such a short amount of time. What a gift it is to be able to watch them grow up! I love this first portrait because it really showed how happy she was this day...just delightful the whole session. The second portrait got me because she looked so graceful and lady-like in it...it just gave me a glimpse of what she will look like as she gets older. And the last one, well, I loved the motion in the portrait...she was walking away and something about the flow of her dress and the movement in her feet...it just felt so vintage...so I added a little texture just to enhance that feel. Sort of nostalgic I guess...makes me wonder, where does the time go? How can I make sure I savor each moment? Kids don't look back...they just grow up...fast...too fast! I have to just remind myself of my favorite quote by none other than Dr. Seuss, "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." As our kids grow up, I think our natural instinct is to mourn each passing stage, but instead we should be joyful that we got to experience yet another piece of a miracle. Children truly are a gift from God!

No comments:

Post a Comment