Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Story Told

This is Sophie- how precious is she?!  I am always amazed at how little baby girls look so dainty and girly even as newborns.  I can just visualize her running around in a princess costume in a few years!  One of the things I like most about newborns is watching newborn parents!  It takes me back to when I was a new parent and reminds me of how intense that love you feel when you have a newborn.  Don't get me wrong, that love never lessens but I can remember as a new parent I was struck by the intensity of that love...it was something I had never experienced before.  Whenever I do newborn portrait sessions I love to get portraits of the parents looking at the baby because I can capture an emotion that is so pure, so intense.  And the expression on the newborn face when they are in contact with their parent is equally as beautiful.  This combination of portraits of Sophie really captured my heart because you can see her holding her Daddy's hand in the first portrait...the look on her face is so relaxed and calm...she feels safe because she knows her Daddy is near.  Then the second portrait captures the look on her Daddy's face as he holds Sophie.  Nothing like a Daddy's love for his little girl!  And the mom looking over the Daddy's shoulder just completes the story...total love.  So much passion, so much emotion and yet not one word is spoken.  THAT is what I love about photography.  Who needs words when love speaks so loudly!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, what a beautiful little girl! Great shots!!!

    ReplyDelete