Monday, May 11, 2009

Funnier than I remember!



So, this session started out a little bumpy.  Molly is a neighbor of mine and so I knew her prior to the session, however they haven't lived in Auburn very long so she hasn't gotten extremely comfortable around me yet.  When she walked into the studio, she did not want to let go of her mother.  We took a little time sitting by the lights talking, introducing  her to all the little chairs just her size, showing the pictures on the back of my camera that I wanted to take of her...I even pulled the Smarties card early in the session...nothing seemed to convince her to sit by herself in front of the camera.  So, her mom finally suggested that maybe she should step out and see if that would help.  Well, did it help?!  YES!  Molly changed her tune 180 degrees and tried lots of different chairs and showed me lots of smiles.  So, as I was looking through her portraits after the session, I knew I was the ONLY person in the room when we were taking pictures.  I laughed out loud as I scrolled through them because for the life of me I could not remember what I had done that made her laugh so sincerely!  All I know is I must have been one funny photographer!  Too funny!  

Now the other portrait was toward the end of the session as Molly was getting tired (and full of Smarties).  Many of you know me and know me well, but there is a part of my past I haven't shared with all of you.  Here goes with the confession:  I was a thumbsucker.  Not your avid hobbyist thumbsucker but your true, deep in your soul, always was and therefore always will be Thumbsucker!  No, I don't suck my thumb anymore, but I do distinctly remember the comfort that sucking my thumb brought me.  Afterall, I didn't stop sucking my thumb until I was 13!  (yes, THIRTEEN!!)  So, this portrait tugged at my heart strings...I love the angle because it adds to the look of vulnerability you see in her eyes.  So, you all can look at this portrait and think, "Aw, how cute!"  but I see something different, something more...I see security, I see relaxation, I see pure and total comfort!  From one thumbsucker to another, Molly, you go girl!  

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photo on bottom...that's my pick! Her eyes...wow! Great job Tracy!
    Nana from Eufaula

    ReplyDelete